Decorating With Maps









I have always loved decorating with maps. It must be the explorer in me that is drawn to the intricacies and curiosity of them. Decorating with maps is always an adventure in itself. Each map is different, with different color variations and levels of detail so that every installation is different. I love the versatility of using maps. They can be used in a beach house bungalow or in a sophisticated Library or Den, giving completely different looks.
It takes two people to pull off installating maps directly to a wall, and I leave this job to my expert faux painter, Erin. She uses a glaze to adhere paper to walls and prefers Aqua glaze brand to avoid wrinkling and to avoid loosening the ink from the paper. The result is unique and stylish.
I'm very excited about the sectioned framed maps (top image). This is new artwork, available from Orange Moon Interiors, of each individual state in America! The colors are all different and they are stunning.

No comments:

Post a Comment