A Headboard Solution

I am a firm believer that no bedroom is complete without some type of headboard. Whether they are low and contemporary, or tall and traditional, headboards anchor a room.
I have been wanting a very tall, substantial headboard for my own bedroom for a long time and I finally found one that I am happy with and going to order, however it's not available for several months. So, in the mean time, I am using this headboard as my substitute, and I love it! (Please excuse the not so great picture, I took it with my phone). This is what I did:

I took squares of sisal rugs that are woven together and assembled them to the width of my headboard, and to the height that I desired, and stapled it to my bedroom wall. I used extra long staples to reach deep enough into the drywall to hold the weight of the rug pieces. On either side, I have used vinyl 'stick-on, peel-off' words above each collage of framed butterfly displays that were my great grandmother's. The vinyl letters can be purchased from www.art-a-peel.com. I purchased the square sisal rug sections from World Market in Estero, Florida, or www.worldmarket.com. I'm so happy with this solution, that I may move it into the Guest Bedroom when my new headboard comes in. It gives me the height and the texture that I needed for this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment